“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”
With the above mentioned thought, the students of DPS-GBN were sensitized and motivated to face the challenges and solutions to the issues of Environmental protection and sustainable lifestyle. Our school participated in ‘An Annual Inter DPS Science and Environment Festival’ on 15th and 16th October 2016 (Saturday and Sunday) organized and hosted by ‘DPS Moradabad’.
It was a proud moment for the DPS-GBN family as we bagged First position in two categories of the Online activities: Gatha: Story of a river and Book of Ideas: Neer Sanchita. The students came back with Two Trophies.
Total Nine students from classes IX-XI and Science teachers participated in various activities of Science and Environment festival which provided a platform to students where they could experiment, express and discover the scientific temper. The students were accompanied by Ms. Asmita Gaur.
The participants left the school premises at 5.30 AM on Saturday and returned at 8.30 PM on Sunday. The event was comprised of ‘Online’ and ‘Onsite’ activities. The following multidimensional activities were carried out during the Environmental fest:
Category I: ONLINE ACTIVITIES
- Nutan Alay- Four students, Kabeer Guliani, Soutik Mohinta of Class XB, Aryan Sinha of Class IXB and Ranveer Sawhney of Class IX C with the mentor teacher Ms. Leena Gupta represented the school. The participants were given the topic ‘Ín quest of a pristine habitat’.
- Gatha – Four students- Unaiz Shehzad, Prakhar Sharma, Isha Wara, Apoorva Dixit of class XI A with the mentor teacher Ms. Manisha Shrivastava represented the school. The topic was ”The story of river” in which the students made a short film.
- Book of Ideas – Four students- Soutik Mohinta, Nikhil Vinod of class XB, Srija Chawla of class IX C and Shreya Deshpande of class IX A with the mentor teacher Ms. Asmita Gaur participated in this activity. The topic was ‘Neer Sanchita: The Aquanomics’ in which a book was designed based on water conservation methods.
Category II: ONSITE ACTIVITIES
- Avishkar – Three students- Shreyansh Kansal Gupta (XB), Pratham Aggarwal (XA) and Nikhil Vinod (XB) participated under the guidance of Ms Reeti Sharma, in designing a working model on Energy Conseravation
- FUTURA – Three students Kovid Lakhera(IXA), Disha Chauhan (XI A) and Ayush Saunik (XIA) participated in this activity and were guided by Ms Manisha Srivastava. This category involved the designing a prototype for an alternative source of energy. Their model was based on using Geothermal energy.
- ECO-AESTHETICS: The category involved designing a medicinal terrarium, specifically grown in waste material (tyre). The participants were Nishtha Gupta (XA), Alizba Khan (XB) and Aditya Bhat (XI A), guided by Ms Asmita Gaur.
- ABHIVYAKTI: The participants of all the above categories participated in the Natya Manch based on the Theme of Earth in 2050.
The Science and Environmental Festival was a very different experience and great learning for all the participants. All students enthusiastically participated in the activities and explored their scientific skills. Overall it was a great event.